Update written: 9:23 a.m.
The fog advisory has been lifted.
Original article written: 8:05 a.m.
As of this morning, a fog advisory is in effect for Swift Current and the surrounding areas.
The Government of Canada is warning that zero visibility is expected or occurring, making travel hazardous.
Folks are advised to turn their lights on and keep a safe following distance between vehicles if driving through fog.
The advisory is in effect for the following areas:
- R.M. of Canaan including Lucky Lake
- R.M. of Coulee including Neidpath and McMahon
- R.M. of Excelsior including Waldeck Rush Lake and Main Centre
- R.M. of Glen Bain including Glen Bain
- R.M. of Lac Pelletier including Blumenhof
- R.M. of Lacadena including Kyle Tyner and Sanctuary
- R.M. of Lawtonia including Hodgeville
- R.M. of Morse including Herbert Morse Ernfold and Gouldtown
- R.M. of Riverside including Cabri Pennant and Success
- R.M. of Saskatchewan Landing including Stewart Valley
- R.M. of Swift Current including Swift Current and Wymark
- R.M. of Victory including Beechy
- R.M. of Webb including Webb and Antelope lake
- R.M. of Whiska Creek including Vanguard Neville and Pambrun