After two fatal overdoses in the past three days, the Swift Current RCMP issued a release warning residents of fentanyl in the area.
On Thursday, a 30-year-old man died and last night a 27-year-old man died. They consumed different substances described by the RCMP as a green powder and white crystal.
In the written release, police said the substances may not have been sold as fentanyl, as they didn't look like regular fentanyl.
Swift Current RCMP is urging the public who consumes illicit drugs to take special precautions when using:
- Never use alone,
- Let someone you trust know of your plans to use.
- Always carry a Naloxone kit (which can be found for free at many locations across the province).
- Call 911 if you suspect an overdose is occurring.
For more information on ways to protect yourself or someone you know when using illicit drugs, read here.
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to contact the Swift Current detachment.