Update - 1:30 p.m.
The fog advisory has ended.
Original Story - 10:30 a.m.
Environment Canada has issued a fog advisory for Swift Current and the surrounding area as near zero visibility in fog is expected or occurring.
An area of dense fog has formed over western Saskatchewan this morning as a ridge of high pressure settles into the region giving very poor visibility in some locations.
Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations.
If travelling, be prepared for areas of near-zero visibility.
Folks are advised to turn their lights on and keep a safe following distance between vehicles if driving through fog.
The advisory is in effect for the following areas:
- R.M. of Canaan including Lucky Lake
- R.M. of Coulee including Neidpath and McMahon
- R.M. of Excelsior including Waldeck Rush Lake and Main Centre
- R.M. of Glen Bain including Glen Bain
- R.M. of Lac Pelletier including Blumenhof
- R.M. of Lacadena including Kyle Tyner and Sanctuary
- R.M. of Lawtonia including Hodgeville
- R.M. of Morse including Herbert Morse Ernfold and Gouldtown
- R.M. of Riverside including Cabri Pennant and Success
- R.M. of Saskatchewan Landing including Stewart Valley
- R.M. of Swift Current including Swift Current and Wymark
- R.M. of Victory including Beechy
- R.M. of Webb including Webb and Antelope lake
- R.M. of Whiska Creek including Vanguard Neville and Pambrun