Update written September 16:
Kurt Bloomfield has been found at a residence in Zenon Park.
According to a release issued last night by the RCMP, Carrot River RCMP, Nipawin RCMP and the Warrant Enforcement and Suppression Team (WEST) arrested Bloomfield without incident on Wednesday.
There is no longer a risk to public safety.
Original article written September 12:
Saskatchewan RCMP is asking for public assistance in finding Kurt Bloomfield.
He is a 28-year-old male facing charges for a number of incidents that occurred in the Cumberland House area on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week.
Bloomfield is described by RCMP as 5-foot-eight and 150 pounds, with red hair and blue eyes. He has the word “Bloomfield” tattooed across his chest.
According to police, he has ties to Nipawin and Saskatoon. A vehicle investigators believe may be associated to him was located yesterday in Birch Hills, but his location and method of travel are still unknown.
Kurt Bloomfield is facing the following charges:
- 2 counts, operate a conveyance while prohibited, Section 320.18 (1)b), Criminal Code
- 1 count, assault, Section 266, Criminal Code
- 1 count, assault causing bodily harm, Section 267(b), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unsafe storage of a firearm, Section 86(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, use a firearm in a careless manner, Section 86(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unlawful confinement, Section 278(2), Criminal Code
- 1 count, possession of a firearm for a purpose dangerous to the public peace, Section 88, Criminal Code
- 3 counts, possession of a firearm while prohibited, section 117.01(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, take motor vehicle without consent, Section 335(1), Criminal Code
Police are actively trying to find and arrest Bloomfield, and are telling the public to consider him armed and dangerous.
Anyone who sees him should not approach him, but report his whereabouts to their local detachment or call 9-1-1.