Today, folks around the world are doing good deeds and spreading kindness for Giving Tuesday, the biggest generosity movement on the globe.
Swift Current has many nonprofits that work hard for their community, and folks that are wanting to give back, look no further.
The SPCA Animal Shelter is a not-for-profit organization that rescues and cares for animals in the southwest, going above and beyond to advocate for those who can’t advocate for themselves.
They are asking folks to consider donating $23 for 2023, or $50 for 50 years of operation—but they also have a list of much needed supplies on their website.
Another local organization making a difference in Swift Current is Southwest Homes, which works to empower and support residents with intellectual disabilities as they navigate being active members of the community and reach personal goals.
Southwest Homes is aiming to raise a total of $18,000 for the software My Compass, which provides a private account for users to share their personal stories in the form of a social media with caregivers, friends, family, and supports.
The list of not-for-profits in the city doesn't end there, though. See a number of other important organizations in the community that can benefit from a little extra generosity today:
- Canadian Mental Health Association Swift Current Branch
- The Centre
- Dr. Noble Irwin Regional Healthcare Foundation
- Family Resource Centre
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 56
- Salvation Army
- SaskAbilities Swift Current Branch
- Southwest Crisis Services
- Southwest Newcomer Welcome Centre
- Southwest Youth Emergency Shelter
- Swift Current 57's Ball Club
- Swift Current Ag & Ex Association
- Swift Current Bronco Hockey Club
- Swift Current & District Chamber of Commerce